At The Law Office of Marjorie J. Brown, PC in Concord, North Carolina, our legal services are centered on elder law, wills, probate, and estate planning. We specifically focus on these areas of law in order to provide you with highly knowledgeable services. Some of the areas of law we specialize in include:
- Elder Law. Planning for long-term care is often a concern for senior citizens and their families. Let us help you mitigate the cost of long-term care for one of your loved ones by introducing you to all of your options with our elder law legal services. Our firm has the expertise and knowledge required to help you avoid the financial difficulties of obtaining necessary long-term care.
- Probate Law. We will help you with every step of the probate process, from filing a petition to making sure assets are distributed properly to designated heirs.
- Medicaid. Due to changes in legislation, qualifying for Medicaid can sometimes be a complicated endeavor. We can help you understand the complex eligibility requirements for Medicaid benefits and guide you through the application process.
- Power of Attorney. We believe that most estates are not complete unless they include a power of attorney. Let us work with you to devise a springing or durable power of attorney that can protect your medical and financial interests.
- Guardianship. A guardianship, or conservatorship, places an individual under the supervision of an appointed custodian.By taking advantage of our legal services, we can help you file for guardianship of a loved one who can no longer make decisions for themselves to protect them from everyday hazards. We can also help devise a guardianship to protect your property and your children.